If you are not represented by a lawyer or advocate

Information on what to do before starting or defending proceedings where you're representing yourself

Professional help

Court procedure can be complicated. You can find information on getting professional help and advice from a lawyer or employment law advocate, union or employers’ group, or as to change of representation.


You need to talk to the court registrar if you want to take notes or film, record, take photographs or use other broadcast media during a hearing.

Access to court documents

Information on accessing court documents, and searching the Employment Court register.

Christmas closures

What happens to timing when Court is closed, and within the Christmas period?

This page was last updated: